Attended Direct Cremation
our Unattended Cremation is very similar to a simple cremation but with more elements of a traditional service. Still keeping it as a low cost funeral option, the unattended cremation is for people who don’t want a service but still wish for their cremation to be carried out at a local crematorium.
- Crematorium Fees
- Doctors Certificate Fees
- Transferring the deceased into our care (during office hours – up to 50 mile return journey.
Transfer out of office hours incurs an additional fee of £225.00.)
- A simple coffin (different coffin options available for additional cost)
- Transportation of the deceased to the crematorium in our Jaguar Hearse.
- A full team of staff to carry the coffin into the chapel on the day of committal.
- Cost includes the conveyance of one floral tribute (supplied by the family).
Service is carried out at 9:30am at Southend Crematorium. Embalming and open visitation available at additional cost. No in memory donations.
How Does it Work ?
- When a person passes away, they will be transferred into our care and will be looked after at one of our secure chapels of rest in either Rayleigh or Thorpe Bay, Southend.
- Our experienced staff will speak with the deceased’s representative, assisting with registration procedures. Our staff will complete all of the required paperwork for cremation. – If required arrangements can be made over the phone and via email, or post.
- A suitable coffin will be provided and a cremation will be booked. Opting for an Unattended service means you will not be made aware of the date.
- On the day of cremation, the deceased will be conveyed to the crematorium in our Jaguar hearse. They will be respectfully carried into the crematorium chapel by our full-time staff. For those opting to attend the service, our staff will meet you at the crematorium
- Once the cremation has taken place, the deceased’s personal representative will be notified and they are welcome to visit our office to collect the cremated remains.
WHY USE A.R.ADAMS ?
PRIVATE CHAPEL OF REST
We look after the deceased in our on-site mortuaries and chapels of rest. We don’t use industrial hubs or storage facilities.
We always use a local crematoria ensuring the deceased isn’t transported across the country.
The deceased is conveyed to the Crematorium in our traditional hearse, not in an unmarked van or private ambulance.
We bring the ashes into our care after the service allowing you time to collect them. We offer advice and guidance on what can be done with cremated remains. We offer a full service instead of just leaving you to collect the ashes from the crematorium.
DIGNIFIED SEND OFF
Our Direct Cremations are carried out in the same way as a traditional funeral service in as much as the coffin is carried into the chapel on our shoulders, not wheeled in on a trolley.
An Attended Committal
Includes all fees.
Cremation taking place
at Southend Crematorium
Price includes all fees. Direct Cremation takes place at a Westerleigh Group Crematorium.
Price includes all fees. Cremation takes place at Basildon or Southend Crematorium (£2472).
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
As your local funeral director in Rayleigh, Southend, and Benfleet we are here to help and advise you in whatever way we can.
We are dedicated professionals who provide a personal service to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.